My cable charges intermittently or not at all
Please test the below items before contacting us. All of these items can cause problems only on some cables and not others due to small variations in the lightning connector. So testing for each will help us determine if one of them was the issue. If you still need to contact us, please include a reply for each of the items below.
- Remove your iPhone case and try it. There are some cases that our cable won’t fit through correctly, so if you have one of these, this will tell us if that’s the issue.
- Try plugging it in and out numerous times in both directions. We have seen sometimes either the metal contacts inside the phone or on the connector can have something on them that causes this. This will get anything cleaned off of the terminal connectors.
- Try plugging it into a different Apple Device and wall adapter. We’re not sure why, but a few newer versions of iOS seem to have messed up the sync encryption on some certified connectors. Usually trying it on a different device and wall adapter will cause somewhat of a re-sync of the encryption onto the chip inside the connector.
- Clean your lightning port. Google for: clean lightning port. This will give you some pointers. Even small amounts of dust or lint can block the contact.
- Clean the contacts on the Lightning cable. If you can see marks or anything on the cable’s connectors, use a small amount of Ethnoyl (rubbing alcohol) on a paper towel and wipe it down very well. Do not do this while it is plugged in and allow it to dry thoroughly after cleaning before use.
Some iOS updates create issues and display a message about the accessory not being supported also. The versions 13.5.1 and 13.6 are both causing this issue for more devices than usual. If you are running one of these versions, please perform the tests above on a device that is using a different version.